Hornbill has extensive experience in delivering full turnkey engineering solutions to the cryogenics industry.
Our range of services includes:
- Systems Design & Process Control Automation
- Panel Manufacture
- Low Voltage Services
- Hazardous Area
- High Voltage Services
- Instrumentation Services
Examples of our experience within the cryogenics sector include:
- System Design for Tyre Recycling Facility.
- A client, who specialises in cryogenic tyre recycling technology requested us to design a turnkey solution for a tyre recycling facility overseas.
- The contract consisted of design, manufacture, installation and commissioning the electrical and PLC software control system.
- The system was designed, manufactured and partially tested in the UK before being shipped to the site. Hornbill were also responsible for the installation, testing and commissioning on site.
- Our system provided the top level control and, interfaced with third party equipment.
- A significant aspect of the project was the design and supply of the PLC and HMI software – this was in addition to programming the variable speed drives, soft starters and AC Servo Motor System.
- The project also comprised of designing a number of smaller, standalone motor control panels required to control standalone items of plant.
- The control architecture was based around the Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC family, Panel View plus HMI’s and Kinnetix Servo System. The software allowed the plant to function in either automatic or manual modes of control.
- Nitrogen plant
Hornbill were required to disconnect the old control panel and install a new, stainless steel control panel in its place. The work was undertaken within a tight timeframe, owing to it being outside of the shutdown period.
- Reconditioning and Refurbishment of Existing Nitrogen Plant Facility
- Hornbill were contacted by a customer from a nitrogen extraction, compression and distribution plant to assist them with a reconditioning and refurbishment exercise to increase output of the existing facility.
- Site inspections and assessments of existing instrumentations and identifying equipment in need of repair, refurbishment or replacement. All recommendations were reported to our client. Hornbill provided support in the procurement of selected equipment.
- In addition to this, Hornbill worked to check calibration and, where necessary, recalibrate instrumentation and valve controllers, installed new instrumentation pipework, instruments and miscellaneous electrical components.
- Loop testing was carried out in close cooperation with the client and selected automation supplier.
- As the plant returned to operation, Hornbill proceeded to provide problem solving commission support and produced a full set of loop testing records.
- We worked alongside of a consortium group of contractors for this project, to ensure the overall success of the project.